The Vendée is a region filled with tourist sites. Many holidaymakers choose to drive down to the Vendée to discover the lovely beaches. It is a great area to cycle, thanks to the countless tracks. You’ll also find different leisure parks.
Discover the biggest water park of the Vendée :
O’Gliss Park opened two years ago but has become very popular since. For a fantastic day with your family, this is the perfect place. This water park is suitable for all ages, with 6 different themes :
– île d’O’Cayo : a small oasis, with bridge to access an amazing lagoon and climbing rock
– VIP Beach : enjoy this exclusive site of the park, with sunbeds and restaurant
– Sunset Playa : enjoy beach, a waves pool and tapas bar at O’Gliss
– Délir’Space : ideal for thrill seekers with choice from 12 water slides
– Exploral’O : more than 400 metres of river to slide down alone or with friends on a tube
– Ludo’Park : designed for toddlers
Near O’Gliss Park you can spend a day at Indian Forest:
Just like O’Gliss Park, leisure park Indian Forest near the campsite offers a great number of activities
– The main activity is the tree climb adventure. The site counts 17 different trails for all ages
– You can also slide with a tube, body surf or take a BMX and end up in the water. The Water Jump is a great activity
– Battle family or friends in the Duel Arena. Choose from rodeo riding, treadmills, climbing walls… an exciting day to look forward to!
– You can also choose from activities like paintball, fun zone, Xperience Game…
The Château des Aventuriers, a leisure park near the campsite :
Discover the three trails for a fantastic day.
– Pirate treasure : start a real treasure hunt through the hallways and gardens of the castle. Solve riddles and follow the directions leading to the treasure of Blackbeard
– Dinos from prehistory : plunge into history to learn all about dinosaurs and prehistory. At the Château des Aventuriers you’ll play and learn about history
– Secrets of the castle: discover all the secrets of the Château des Aventuriers by solving riddles. A great way to discover all the areas of the castle
A perfect way for you and your family to enjoy an amazing day near our campsite in Saint-Jean-de-Monts. Special prices for camping guests of Le Bois Joly!
Discover the life of animals at Planète Sauvage :
A few minutes from our campsite in Saint-Jean-de-Monts you’ll find Planète Sauvage. This unique park in the south west of France offers a safari trail where you can take your own car or a special Jeep to meet with the safari animals.
More than 800 animals live in their natural environment here : rhinoceros, giraffes, elephants, leopards, lions, bears and many more.
You can also watch the dolphin show or admire them in an underwater tunnel. During your visit you’ll discover Macaque monkeys on a hanging bridge. A daytrip you’ll definitely remember.
In Saint-Jean-de-Monts and near the campsite :
- Surfing classes, sand yachting, kite surfing, surfing, and windsurfing at the WATER SPORTS CENTRE
- Wellness, cardio training, aqua biking at the THALASSO centre and restaurant LE SLOÏ
- Horse riding centres LE HAVRE DE VIE and NELLY’S RANCH
- Hire of quads at EURO QUAD
- Miniature golf at Mini-golf du MARAIS
- Discover nature by RAIL BIKE in Commequiers
- Water park OCEANILE in Noirmoutier
- Hire of pedal boats at the lake of APREMONT
Also hike or cycle on the tracks running through the dunes and the state forest of Saint-Jean-de-Monts! Possibility to hire bicycles on site.